Big Fork Bacon Sausage is made from nitrite-free, hardwood smoked bacon. It’s made from free-range piggies that are vegetarian fed. They contain no preservatives, MSG, nitrites, hormones, antibiotics or artificial colors or flavors. It’s just all-natural, bacon sausage goodness. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
This recipe for Bacon Sausage Rolls highlights the versatility of these sausages. Popular in the UK, sausage rolls are a staple of British cuisine. Once you try these, you’ll want to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Bacon Sausage Rolls
Serves: 8-12 appetizers
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, whipped
1 pack Big Fork Bacon Sausage, raw, casing removed
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Lay the puff pastry on a floured table. Slightly roll out using a rolling pin.
3. Brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg.
4. Roll the bacon sausage into a log almost the same length as the puff pastry sheet.
5. Wrap the puff pastry around the sausage log and press as necessary to seal the puff pastry around the sausage. Once sealed, wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 20 min.
6. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and cut into ½ inch slices.
7. Place the slices on a baking sheet and cook for 15 min. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 min. prior to serving.